Saturday, June 7, 2008

Guanacaste

This past week was very interesting. From my observation, if you the reader were able to sit down with each member of the team individually and ask ´what made guanacaste for you´I would not be surprised to hear that you would get a different response from each member.

Our goal was to bind with the community, and we did just that.

I am writing this next section purely from my standpoint, please keep that in mind.

The people of Guanacaste, Santa Lucia, haev made it through some tough times, and they deserve my upmost respect for that point. They live life daily without many of the things that I would just consider to be givens mirrors, running water, etc... They are a strong people emotionally, and much can and should be learned from the people.

What I observed and what I ask for you to pray for is unity in Christ for the people of Guanacaste. They have toughed it out through a rough hardship, what they need is our prayers of encouragement that they will keep going and never feel any less than anyone else. I could keep going forever on this topic, but I will recess myself at that.

Keep the prayers for us and the other teams this summer going. Especially for those who lost family members recently, and also for the APU community because of the loss of a fellow student recently.

Godspeed,

Jonathan E. Reyes

No comments: